February 17, 2018
Acers will be hosting our annual Hunt for the Cure 13s tournament on Saturday, February 17, 2018 at Oregon Middle School. This event serves as a fundraiser for Huntington's Disease Society of America as well as for the club, to keep costs low for our athletes and their families.
- Location - Oregon Middle School, 601 Pleasant Oak Dr, Oregon WI
- R1 Officials will be provided all day
- Table assistants will be provided to help the scorekeeper, libero tracker, and R2 officiating athletes
- Free lunch provided for head and assistant coaches
- Maximum of 8 teams
- Medals awarded for the winners of both the Gold and Silver brackets
- To register: https://advancedeventsystems.com/events/14479/divisions
Huntington's Disease is a degenerative genetic disease that affects a person's cognitive and motor functions. It is often described as a lethal combination of Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and ALS. There is no cure. This disease hits close to home in our Acers family as three of our staff members are "at-risk" for developing the disease later in life. 10% of our profits from "Hunt for the Cure" will go directly to the Huntington's Disease Society of America (HDSA). HDSA is an organization that promotes research on treatments and a cure for Huntington's Disease, and provides resources like counseling and caregiver support for those currently battling HD. Please help us to make a difference in the fight against HD. To learn more about HD and how you can help, please visit www.hdsa.org.
Our tournament is an "all-hands-on-deck" event. We need your help to make the tournament successful. Each family is asked to either volunteer two hours of their time (Friday night or Saturday during the day) or donate a food item for our concession stand. Please use the form below to indicate your preference, but remember that preferences are honored on a first-come, first-served basis and duties will be assigned as necessary. Thank you for your help!